Northern Territory Returned ANZACs
This collection pays homage to the Territorians who served during the First World War. The collection has been collated and extensively researched by Library staff.
Details about the Territory ANZACs are revealed; from their military service to life in the Territory at the beginning of the 20th century.
Do you have further information or photos regarding these soldiers?
The Library is seeking more details on their life in the Northern Territory and family background.
If you have further information, please send the Library an email.
This information has come from:
- Personal Service Records, National Archives of Australia
- Biographical databases, Australian War Memorial
- Unit War Diaries, Australian War Memorial
- AIF Database, Australian Defence Force Academy
- NT Place Names Register, Northern Territory Government
- Historic Australian Newspapers, 1803-1954, National Library of Australia
- Pioneer Register, Genealogical Society of the Northern Territory
- PictureNT and the Northern Territory Library Catalogue
- Adventurous roving natures Northern Territory volunteers of 1914, Sabretache, 1 June 2006
- Gallipoli and the Anzacs, Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Australians on the Western Front 1914 – 1918, Department of Veterans’ Affairs and Board of Studies NSW
Biographical notes have also been added to each soldier’s record.
- 346 Returned ANZACs