Douglas Lockwood Collection.,
People of the NT 1950-1968. Front Inscription: On this site stood OLD ELSEY STATION HOMESTEAD made famous by the pioneering adventures of the characters portrayed in the story of "WE OF THE NEVER NEVER " by Mrs. AENEAS GUNN.
This Cairn has been erected in tribute by Nursing Sisters of the Australian Inland Mission 5th May 1958.,
The Old Elsey Homestead was first established by Abraham Wallace in 1880 at Mataranka.,