Territory Stories

Batchelor Institute VET & Research Student Guide 2014



Batchelor Institute VET & Research Student Guide 2014


Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education (N.T.)


Batchelor Institute VET & Research student guide; Reports; PublicationNT




Made available via the Publications (Legal Deposit) Act 2004 (NT).




Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education (N.T.) -- Periodicals; Aboriginal Australians -- Education -- Northern Territory -- Batchelor -- Periodicals.; Teachers -- Training of -- Northern Territory -- Batchelor -- Periodicals.

Publisher name

Batchelor Institute press

Place of publication

Batchelor (N.T.)



File type


Copyright owner

Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education (N.T.)

Parent handle


Citation address


Page content

13VET & Research Student Guide Enrolment process Before you complete your enrolment form, look at the units and decide if you have skills and experiences that would allow you to apply for recognition of prior learning. If you have any certificate qualifications or units of competency that may be a part of your course, please advise Student Operations. Nationally accredited units, upon verification, can result in a credit transfer being granted. Once you have completed the enrolment form and it has been signed by the relevant senior lecturer or delegate, the information is entered into the Institutes Student Management System by staff located in Student Operations. During peak enrolment periods you may experience some delays in processing. All changes in enrolments within the same course must be made in writing by completing a Change of Enrolment form (for unit additions or withdrawals) by the relevant dates. Ensure you provide your current postal address and phone number so we can contact you if we have any questions. All correspondence from the Institute will be sent to your postal address, so please advise us of any changes to your address so we can make sure you receive correspondence from us. Enrolment dates If you need to travel to a workshop, you need to submit your enrolment form to the Institute no later than three weeks prior to the start of the workshop. Not returning to studies If you do not want to continue studying, you should advise Student Operations in writing to studentoperations@batchelor.edu.au or complete a Change of Enrolment form (course cancellation). If you dont advise the Institute of your intention, your enrolment will be lapsed in your course one year after you were last enrolled. Lapsed students wishing to return to studies will be required to submit new enrolment forms for the relevant courses on offer at the time. There is no guarantee that the same course will still be available for entry after a period of non-studies. Concerns and complaints If you have a complaint about any of the services Batchelor Institute provides, please contact one of the relevant officers: Team Leader Student Support (08) 8939 7311 Senior Faculty Administrator, FHBS (08) 8939 7205 Senior Faculty Administrator, FEASS (08) 8939 7207