Darren Clark Collection.; PictureNT; PictureNT
In 1943 the members of 31 Squadron RAAF built a chapel on their base at Coomalie Airfield south of Darwin. After the war, the building was abandoned and over time, termites and fire reduced it to ground level. In 1992 Northern Territory University staff and students researched and rebuilt a Chapel over the original foundations. The Chapel has been recognized with both Territory and National Architecture Awards and has featured in Australian and International journals. This rededicated Chapel remains in use today as a quiet haven and a beautiful memorial to those who served.
church architecture; chapels
3333 x 5000 pixels : 24bpp ; 50.03Mb.
1 photograph : digital, col.
Attribution International 4.0 (CC BY 4.0)
Library & Archives NT