Territory Stories

NT trends in ecstasy and related drug markets 2011 : findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System (EDRS)

Details:

Title

NT trends in ecstasy and related drug markets 2011 : findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System (EDRS)

Collection

NT trends in ecstasy and related drug markets; Reports; PublicationNT

Date

2011

Description

Made available via the Publications (Legal Deposit) Act 2004 (NT).

Notes

Date:2011; Australian drug trends series No. 80

Language

English

Subject

Drug abuse surveys -- Northern Territory -- Periodicals; Ecstasy (Drug) -- Northern Territory -- Periodicals; Drug abuse -- Northern Territory -- Periodicals

Publisher name

National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales

Place of publication

Sydney (N.S.W)

ISBN

9780733430206

Copyright owner

Check within Publication or with content Publisher.

Parent handle

https://hdl.handle.net/10070/242182

Citation address

https://hdl.handle.net/10070/610318

Page content

60 5.9 Oxycodone Key Points Very few participants had recently used illicit oxycodone. The median price for 80mg, 40mg and 20mg oxycodone was reported to be $70, $40 and $20 respectively. Half of those able to comment rated current availability as easy or very easy while the other half rated current availability as difficult or very difficult. Illicit oxycodone was sourced mainly from friends. 5.9.1 Price As in previous years, only a small proportion of the NT IDRS sample reported purchasing illicit oxycodone. Table 47 shows that four participants reported paying a median of $20 for 20mg oxycodone (the same cost as in 2010, 2009 and 2008), seven reported paying a median of $40 for 40mg oxycodone ($40 in 2010, $23 in 2009 and $30 in 2008) and eleven reported paying a median of $70 for 80mg oxycodone ($80 in 2010, $60 in 2009 and $50 in 2008). Three-quarters of those who responded considered price to have remained stable over the preceding six months (Table 48). Table 47: Median price ($) of most recent illicit oxycodone purchase by participants, 2007-2011 2007 N=106 2008 N=103 2009 N=99 2010 N=99 2011 N=98 20mg 5 (1) 20 (6) 20 (2) 20 (4) 20 (4) 40mg 25 (2) 30 (2) 23 (4) 40 (3) 40 (7) 80mg 59 (3) 50 (6) 60 (5) 80 (4) 70 (11) Source: IDRS participant interviews Note: Number of purchasers in brackets Table 48: Price movements of oxycodone in the past six months, 2007-2011 (%) 2007 N=106 2008 N=103 2009 N=99 2010 N=99 2011 N=98 Did not respond 92 86 94 86 88 Did respond 8 14 6 14 12 Of those who responded Dont know 22 14 0 29 0 Increasing 11 43 50 14 17 Stable 67 43 50 57 75 Decreasing 0 0 0 0 0 Fluctuating 0 0 0 0 8 Source: IDRS participant interviews 5.9.2 Availability An equal proportion of those able to comment (38%) rated current oxycodone availability as either easy or difficult (Table 49). Similarly, an equal proportion (13%) rated current availability as either very easy or very difficult. In 2011, 51% of those able to comment rated current Oxycodone availability as either easy or very easy, compared to 14% in 2010.


Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this website may contain the names, voices and images of people who have died, as well as other culturally sensitive content. Please be aware that some collection items may use outdated phrases or words which reflect the attitude of the creator at the time, and are now considered offensive.

We use temporary cookies on this site to provide functionality.
By continuing to use this site without changing your settings, you consent to our use of cookies.