Territory Stories

Annual report 2007-2008

Details:

Title

Annual report 2007-2008

Other title

Mental Health Association of Central Australia

Collection

Mental Health Association of Central Australia reports; MHACA : Mental Health Association of Central Australia reports; Reports; PublicationNT

Date

2008

Description

Made available via the Publications (Legal Deposit) Act 2004 (NT).

Notes

Date:2008

Language

English

Subject

Mental health facilities -- Northern Territory -- Periodicals; Aboriginal Australians -- Mental health services -- Northern Territory -- Periodicals; Well-being -- Social aspects -- Northern Territory -- Periodicals

Publisher name

Mental Health Association of Central Australia

Place of publication

Alice Springs

Copyright owner

Check within Publication or with content Publisher.

Parent handle

https://hdl.handle.net/10070/236794

Citation address

https://hdl.handle.net/10070/640694

Page content

6 mhaca annual report 2007-2008 In line with our Strategic Plan 2003-2007 a summary of our achievements for the past 2 months includes: consumer-driven quality Development of a Consumer Peer Support Model and Grow Service 2 GROW groups Continued implementation of the Day to Day Living in the Community Program (D2DL); this involved consumer engagement/life skills and socialisation through yoga, arts and crafts, cooking groups, drumming group, recreational 8-ball, 0-pin bowling, bead making group, singing group, creative writing group and annual 3-day Matt Deer Camp Monthly Consumer forums changed from lunch meetings to evenings to enable greater attendance Consumer leadership support, ongoing involvement of consumers and carers on projects such as review of Policy & Procedures Manual, development of Peer Support Model and resident selection process for MHACA units Supported CAMHS accreditation through organising/supporting consumer involvement 2. mental health awareness Scheduled monthly Mental Health First Aid training with 6 people trained Ongoing delivery of ASIST Training provided in Alice Springs, Tennant Creek and Ali Curung Delivery of SafeTALK program in Alice Springs and Docker River Quarterly production of newsletter, inBalance Information stalls at the Careers Expo, Central Australian Business Expo and Alice Springs Show Presentations at three conferences, workshops, meetings and community agency visits Sponsoring of various presenters to Alice Springs such as Fay Jackson and Helen Glover 3. prevention and intervention Ongoing provision of support to 98 clients across the MHACA client programs with clients supported to gain or retain employment 28 clients received counselling Purchase of additional 2-bedroom unit Interim respite accommodation under the P&R Program with the leasing of a 2-bedroom property Pathways to Recovery Client Data Total Clients 60 Ongoing support Achieved/retained employment Other skills/training 27 clients receive ongoing support from the program 18 clients have either achieved or retained employment 15 clients have used the program to acquire and enhance life skills Prevention & Recovery Client Data Total Clients 26 Received accommodation Other support Of the 11 clients who received emergency accommodation, 82% (9 people) received accommodation at the Salvation Army Men's Hostel, the other 18% (2 clients) were accommodated in the MHACA 2bedroom unit 15 clients within the program received ongoing support other than accommodation strategic achievements... Left: Robin, Esta, Fee and Gwvynyth enjoying their time together at a Thursday morning Healthy Living group


Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this website may contain the names, voices and images of people who have died, as well as other culturally sensitive content. Please be aware that some collection items may use outdated phrases or words which reflect the attitude of the creator at the time, and are now considered offensive.

We use temporary cookies on this site to provide functionality.
By continuing to use this site without changing your settings, you consent to our use of cookies.